History

Growing together with Japan’s fashion goods retail industry

1938
May 1938 The late Shikajiro Kiyama, father of the current Chairman of the Board, Shigetoshi Kiyama, set up a general store at Shin-koiwa 1-Chome, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo.
Jul. 1948 The personal retailer became the limited partnership company, Maruni Shokai.
Aug. 1974 Tokyo Derica Co., Ltd. (capital: 40 million yen) was established at Shin-koiwa 1-Chome, Katsushika-ku.
Feb. 1975 Tokyo Derica took over all retailing divisions excluding furniture sales (bags, purses, leather coats, fur, shoes and miscellaneous goods) from Maruni Shokai, a limited partnership company, and started retail operations.
Sep. 1976 The first shop in the Kyushu region was opened at the Tenjin underground shopping arcade in Fukuoka City.
Apr. 1977 The first shop in a station building was opened in the "Matsudo station building" in Matsudo City, Chiba.
Feb. 1979 In order to spin off the shoes division because it belonged to a different line of business, Shoes Derica Co., Ltd. (capital: 8 million yen; shareholding ratio: 75%) was established.
(Photo)Maruni Shokai just after foundation
Maruni Shokai just after foundation
1979
1980
Mar. 1981 Headquarters were transferred to Shin-koiwa 2-Chome, Katsushika-ku, to accommodate business expansion.
Apr. 1982 The first shop in the Tohoku region was opened in the "Hirosaki station building" in Hirosaki City, Aomori.
Jul. 1983 In order to independently manage the Kansai region based on the marketing strategy, Kansai Derica Co., Ltd. (capital: 5 million yen; shareholding ratio: 80%) was established.
Aug. 1983 Businesses conducted in the Kansai region were transferred to Kansai Derica Co., Ltd.
Oct. 1983 The first shop in the Shikoku region was opened at the shopping mall, "Amico", in Tokushima City, Tokushima.
Feb. 1986 In order to strengthen the sales division, the marketing department system was introduced. A new position, Block Chief, was set up.
Aug. 1986 In order to streamline and speed up clerical work, computers were introduced at Headquarters.
Jun. 1987 The combined total number of shops of the three Group companies (the Company, Kansai Derica Co., Ltd. and Shoes Derica Co., Ltd.) reached 100.
Jun. 1988 The first shop in the Chukyo region was opened at the shopping mall, "Casta", in Inuyama City, Aichi.
Nov. 1988 The first "Collage" accessory shop was opened in the fashion building, "La Serena", in Osaka City.
Jul. 1989 Jul. 1989 The first shop in the Hokkaido region was opened in the Sapporo station building, "Paseo", in Sapporo City, Hokkaido.
(Photo)Tokyo Derica's flagship shop in the 1980s
Tokyo Derica's flagship shop in the 1980s
(Photo)The first "Collage" accessory shop
The first "Collage" accessory shop
1989
1990
Feb. 1990 The first shop in the Chugoku region was opened at the shopping mall, "Alpark", in Hiroshima City.
Jan. 1991 Due to expansion of operations, Headquarters were divided into the merchandise division and administrative division; the latter was transferred to Shin-koiwa 1-Chome, Katsushika-ku.
Feb. 1991 Due to expansion of operations, Headquarters were divided into the merchandise division and administrative division; the latter was transferred to Shin-koiwa 1-Chome, Katsushika-ku.
Dec. 1991 In order to strengthen management, computer systems were installed in the shops.
Nov. 1992 The number of shops reached 200.
Aug. 1994 The Company's stock was registered with the Japan Securities Dealers Association for over-the-counter trading.
Apr. 1996 The Company acquired a building for Headquarters as well as for renting out space.
Jun. 1996 The number of shops reached 300.
Oct. 1996 The first "LAPAX" shop dealing in a selection of brands was opened at the shopping mall, "Pavilion City", in Kii-Tanabe City, Wakayama.
1999
2000
Oct. 2002 The first "SAC'S BAR" shop in collaboration with bag brands was opened at the shopping mall, "Diamond City Terrace", in Itami City, Hyogo.
Mar. 2005 The number of shops of the Group reached 400.
Jun. 2005 The first "GRAN SAC'S" shop with "trends" and "preferences" set as its themes was opened at the shopping mall, "Apita Konan-nishi", in Konan City, Aichi.
Aug. 2005 The first "DRASTIC THE BAGGAGE" shop equipped with a touch of international trend and sense was opened in the Ebisu station building, "Atre", in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo.
Sep. 2005 The first "BEAU ATOUT" accessory shop offering fashion leading products was opened in the fashion building, "La Serena", in Abeno-ku, Osaka.
Apr. 2006 The Company's stock was listed on the Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Nov. 2008 The first "AMATONE ACCESSO'RIO" accessory shop was opened at the shopping mall, "Aeon Mall Natori Airy", in Natori City, Miyagi.
Dec. 2008 The number of shops of the Group reached 500.
Mar. 2012 The Company's stock was listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
May 2012 The first "kissora" original leather bag shop was opened at Tokyo Solamachi in Tokyo Skytree Town®.
Oct. 2012 Aishin Tsusho Co., Ltd. and Lojel Japan Co., Ltd. became Group companies.
Oct. 2014 The Company changed its trade name to SAC'S BAR HOLDINGS INC. and shifted to a holding company system. The trade name, "Tokyo Derica", was taken over by a newly-established retail company.
Jan. 2015 Carnival Company Inc., an accessory retailer, was established.
Jun. 2015 The first "Tees Cees" accessory shop of Carnival Company Inc. was opened at "Tokyo-eki Ichibangai", an underground shopping mall directly connected to JR Tokyo Station.
Apr. 2018 Sac’s Bar Holdings Depot, our own distribution warehouse, started operating in Togane City, Chiba Prefecture.
Jul. 2019 The Company acquired shares of Sankodo Co., Ltd., making it a consolidated subsidiary.
Sep. 2020 The Company purchased the assets of Feel Good Naughtiam Co., Ltd. (mail-order business, sales business at the seven shops)
(Photo)The first "SAC'S BAR" shop
The first "SAC'S BAR" shop
(Photo)The first "kissora" shop
The first "kissora" shop
Present

PAGE TOP